Organisation of a school training programme with the World Ocean Network, the MrGoodFish programme of the Nausicaa aquarium (France), the North Sea Chefs and the Belgian elementary School of Athénée Royal d’Ath. The action involved classroom workshops for a total of 60 students aged from 7 to 11, four teachers and the school director, for a month and a half.
- World Ocean Day field trip and beach cleaning in Oostende (Belgium)
- Kids meeting with ICZM practitioners and fishermen involved in the North Sea Chefs programme
- Workshop with the FARNET Support Unit and Mundus maris
That was cool:
Sixty kids running around between a beach clean, a walk in the dunes to learn about coastal ecosystems and a workshop to learn how cod, plaice and local species are caught might sound challenging… but with the help of teachers, local NGOs and two very patient fishermen, this was a unique and incredibly positive experience.
- Press article
- Classroom program developed with the teachers
- Dissemination of World Ocean network material
In a few snapshots